The trust that unites us
Acesco Colombia S.A.S
For more than 50 years, Acesco has been dedicated to the production and marketing of steel products of the highest quality (Galvanized and pre-painted steel, Galvanized corrugated steel sheet, steeldeck, roofs and tubes and purlins).
One of the main objectives of the company is to contribute to the development of the industry and the country through environment friendly products, which is reflected in the production processes and sustainable attributes of final products.
As a result of our customer orientation, good supplier relationships and continuous improvement of the processes, our quality management system is certified under the ISO 9001: 2015 standard
and we also have an Environmental Management system certified under NTC ISO 14001: 2015 desde el año 2013. Contamos con sello de calidad para lámina de acero galvanizada, de acuerdo a lo establecido por la NTC 4011:2022; sello de calidad para tubería de cerramiento, de acuerdo a lo establecido por la NTC 1560:2019; sello de calidad para perfiles, de acuerdo a lo establecido por la NTC 5685:2018, y sello de calidad para tubería estructural, de acuerdo a lo establecido por la NTC 4526:2019 y ASTM A500.
Acesco, leader in the steel industry in Colombia, has strengthened its operation through strategic alliances to complement its products and enhance the comparative advantages of its location in the Colombian Caribbean and the world.
Dir: Km. 16.5 vía Daule.
Tel: +593 4-370-150
Dir: Calle 27, No. 2
esquina Km 18
Autop. Duarte, Los Alcarrizos
Santo Domingo, R.D.
Tel: 809-563-8600 (ext.42264 y 42265)
Acesco Puerto Rico
Dir: 284 Calle B, Ind, Luchetti
Bayamón PR 00961-7409
Tel: +1 787-740-5000
Tel. (506) 2248 - 1550
Tel. (504) 2246-8017
Tel. (502) 6644-5454
Tel. (506) 2229-9217
We provide welfare and shape to everyday life and make our continent strong.
Be the best alternative by delivering solutions that are reliable, sustainable and innovative.
- We celebrate 50 years filling every sector of Colombia with confidence.
- We evolve to be closer to our stakeholders. Launch of the new ACESCO image.
- Launch of La Guerrera Roof.
- Arquimet 2.0 is updated to its web version, which has a friendlier interface.
- Launch Metaldeck (Steel deck)Duo and 50 Grade.
- Implementation of 2 purlin stacking robots in the production plant.
- Launch of the Master Panel roof.
- Company presence on social networks (Facebook and Linkedin).
- First company of the steel sector in Colombia to obtain Environmental Product Self-Declarations (14 products)
productos (14 productos)
Launch of Metaltub – Structural tubes in diameters from 1.5 inches to 4 inches.
- Inauguration of the new Distribution Center (CEDI).
- Launch of the tube line.
The Acesco Foundation is born, a union between the Dario Maya Botero Foundation (From Caldas) and the Huellas Foundation (From Malambo).
- Launch of purlins coated with anticorrosive.
- Due to changes in the NSR-8 regulation, ARQUIMET is updated to version 2.0
- Continuous Galvanizing line 2 starts operating - LGC2 (59,000 Tons / year).
- Launch of Metaltub - enclosing tube.
- Launch of the Master 1000 roof.
The paint line starts operating (17,000 tons / year)
In order to increase the winding speed and thus increase the production capacity of the galvanizing line 1, the manufacture and assembly of a Vertical Accumulator in the line's exit area begins.
- Hydrogen Generation Plants are installed to supply Furnaces for the Galvanization lines.
- The assembly of the continuous painting line (Coil Coating) begins.
- The structural design and calculation software is updated, which in its new version would be called ARQUIMET.
- Installation of an electrolytic cleaning system in the galvanizing line.
- Construction of a new warehouse and expansion of the finished products warehouse of the Rolling Mill.
- Installation of strip cutter and line of formation of structural "C" and "Z” Purlins.
- Strategic alliance Pazco (Panama) and Rooftec (Ecuador)
- Launch of Grade 40/50 products
- The new Winding System comes into operation in the final section of the galvanizing line.
salida de la línea de galvanización.
Second phase of the expansion of the Galvanizing Line.
Increase in speeds whose scope included the installation of the Entry Accumulator, the Cooling Tower at the exit from Cuba and the adaptation of the transport system.
- Strategic alliance with Acesco Caribe in Puerto Rico.
- We innovated with the Acesco product design and structural calculation software, which was the first software in the country to work with thin sheet purlins.
- Two unwinders for 20-ton rolls were installed.
- We obtained the ISO 9001 quality certification.
- The tensioning unit is installed on the galvanizing line.
- Launch of the Metaldeck Sheet (Steel deck).
- Quality seal for galvanized steel sheet, in accordance with the provisions of standard NTC-4011.
- The Huellas Foundation is born in Malambo - Atlántico
The first cold rolled steel roll is produced in Colombia. The assembly of the rolling mill is considered the most important steel development in the last 25 years in Colombia and represents a great contribution to the metal-mechanic industry.
Acesco starts operations with a hot-dip galvanizing line, which had a production capacity of 40,000 tons per year. In the 90s it expanded its capacity to 70,000 tons per year and incorporated the annealing process.
inmersión en caliente, la cual tenía capacidad de producción de de 40.000
toneladas al año. En la década de los 90 amplia su capacidad a 70.000
toneladas al año e incorpora el proceso de recocido en línea.
Construction of the new Acesco plant begins in Barranquilla.
Strategic alliance with the company Metalco, producer and marketer of galvanized and enameled steel in Costa Rica, to serve the Central American and Caribbean market.
- Acesco is founded as a result of more than 25 years of commercial experience.
- The company produces its first Zinc Tile.
- The steel sheets are marked with the logos Elephant (Hardness and resistance) and Duck (Water resistance).